TranslationsIf you want to participate in the development of Advanced Renamer you can contribute with translations. Here are som easy steps on how to make new translations:
- Download the translation pack to your computer.
- Unpack the the ZIP file to a local folder on your computer.
- The translation pack contains two files. A language file source and a translation editor. Install the DKLang Translation editor by executing the file dktraned-3.0-setup.exe.
- Launch the editor.
- In the Open Language File window locate the language souce file ARen.dklang from the ZIP file.
- Click the Create New Translation radio button and click the OK button.
- A Translation Properties window will appear. Set Source Language to English (USA) and set Translation Language to the language you want to translate the source file. Leave the rest of the fields blank and click OK.
- All language phrases should be present on the screen in two columns. Default value on the left and the translated value on the right. Translate the right values in the edit box in the bottom.
- Save the file to the langauge folder called Lang in the Advanced Renamer folder (usualle C:\Program Files\Advanced Renamer\Lang\.
- When you start Advanced Renamer it is now possible to select the new language from the settings dialog.
- Send the new language file to and it will be included in the next release of Advanced Renamer.
If you want to edit an existing language file do the same as above except you should choose Open An Existing Translation File in step 6 and select the existing language file by clicking the Browse button in the bottom of the window. Also note that step 7 is not needed when editing existing files.
NoteIf any phrases include something like %s or %d it is very important to also include these special values in the translated text. They are placeholders for values supplied by Advanced Renamer at runtime. If any of these are omitted the program will fail when using this text phrase.
Translation progressThanks to all the translators who have helped make this software available in other languages than English.
|Chinese (Simplified)||Zhanlin Shi||78% complete|
|Danish||Kim Jensen||100% complete|
|German||Bastian Wiegmann||99% complete|
|Finnish||J. Hurtig||81% complete|
|French||Simon Cayuela||99% complete|
|Greek||Σπύρος Κρικέλης-(Spyros Krikelis)||95% complete|
|Italian||Sara Papi http://www.facebook.com/enux15||90% complete|
|Dutch||John K||99% complete|
|Polish||fenixproductions (TC UP team)||93% complete|
|Portuguese (Brazil)||81% complete|
|Russian||Polyakov Vasily||99% complete|
|Swedish||Olof Sundqvist (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/olof-sundqvist/2a/9 a1/687)||99% complete|
|Slovak||photo.kubala_ at _gmail.com||96% complete|
|Spanish||Sergi Medina||99% complete|
|Turkish||Atilla ATEŞ||99% complete|